Finit has delivered solutions for the office of finance 20 years, beginning in 2002 with a focus on Oracle EPM. In 2011, we were the first OneStream implementation partner and delivered the first OneStream solution to go live. We no longer offer consulting services for Oracle EPM. However, the functional experience and technical expertise built from this experience form the foundation of our industry-leading OneStream practice.
Determining the chart of accounts is a pivotal step in the development of any EPM solution, regardless of the product that is being implemented. Finit will be hosting a webinar to discuss various topics that should be considered when deciding on a chart of accounts. With a focus on users in both Finance and IT organizations, this webinar will be useful for anyone preparing to implement a new EPM solution, or redesign an existing application. Join us as we discuss and provide examples of:
- The importance of the chart of accounts and application dependencies
- Matching a chart of accounts to the application’s purpose and usage
- The benefits and trade-offs of:
- Level of detail included in the chart of accounts
- Naming conventions
- Design – Functional, Natural, or Hybrid?
- Downstream impacts on other aspects of the reporting process:
- Data Integration
- Cash Flow
- Other specialized reporting