Finit is excited to announce that one of our clients has gone live with an upgrade and redesign on version 22.214.171.124. Previously on 126.96.36.199. our client’s upgrade included HFM, Planning and a conversion from FDM to FDMEE. With the upgrade to 188.8.131.52 the client wanted to make design changes and hardware upgrades to their current applications. These changes included modifications to their Constant Rate Analysis, Entity Structure, Chart of Accounts, and rules. Our client went live in early February 2017.
- Fortune 500
- 2015 Revenue: $8bn
- 17 countries
Finit’s solution for our client includes the following features:
- Installation of two new environments that included performance tuning and monitoring. These environments have Finit’s new Lumberjack monitoring tool installed and our client is relying heavily on this tool to monitor their systems.
- Migration of five Planning applications and the migration and archiving of an additional 29 Planning applications (LCM and level 0 exports) so that they can be stood up at any time.
Leading the HFM rebuild with modifications that include:
- Enhancing Constant Rate analysis
- Updating Entity structures to more appropriately fit on-going business needs
- Reducing forecast preparation time with automated copy of actual data
- Cleaning up Rules – from over 8,000 lines to less than 4,000 lines
- Reducing hard-coded Rules routines with move to dynamic references, eliminating previously required monthly updates
- Conversion from FDM to FDMEE, including the set up of new data synchronizations from HFM to Planning.
- The addition of a secure FTP location for source data files so that users can no longer modify the data coming from the GLs before loading to HFM. A script runs to put those files in the FDMEE inbox to which the users do not have write access.
- Live training delivered globally via web sessions during the day and in the evenings. Training also included the creation of 8 recorded training modules that can now be assigned to individuals through our client’s Learning Management System.
- The new design eliminated any possibility of “Actual” data changes between source GL and HFM that were taking place unbeknownst to the corporate office.
- Administration of the HFM application was reduced extensively with numerous automated processes incorporated into the new design, including the automation of Actual data move to forecast scenarios with automated impact status triggers.
- A new Legal entity structure was incorporated, eliminating considerable time-sensitive, off-line manual efforts.
Updates to the HFM Rules file for more dynamic references eliminated all previously required month-end Rules file preparation steps to update hardcoded values.
Finit’s dedication to providing our client an unmatched experience led to a great success for all involved. For more information on Finit’s Consolidation services please contact us at email@example.com