Before hybrid mode capabilities were available, multiple cube solutions that blended the power of block storage (BSO) and aggregate storage (ASO) cubes were often used to provide the most efficient Essbase solution. These solutions allowed developers to utilize the robust calculation capabilities of BSO along with the rapid aggregation capabilities of ASO. With the availability of hybrid storage mode, these multiple cube solutions can now be simplified into a single hybrid cube.
- A case study to:
- Determine the impact of using hybrid storage and how it addressed key concerns of a 2 cube solution
- Determine how the hybrid approach will optimize performance
- The process of converting one multi-cube solution into a single hybrid cube
- The good, the bad, and the ugly of the hybrid cube conversion process
- The feasibility of a hybrid cube solution – Is it for you?
Presented by: Dennis Hogan