In today’s fast-paced world companies need to be able to respond rapidly to market, economic, and environmental changes. Using a Driver Based Forecasting model enables companies to adjust forecasts quickly and easily to provide more accurate strategic plans. Join Carla Cwiertnia from Finit’s Hyperion Planning team as she discusses the benefits of Driver Based Forecasting.
During this webinar we will review:
- What is a Driver?
- How do we use Drivers?
- What exactly is Driver Based Forecasting?
- What are the benefits of Driver Based Forecasting for a company?
- Will using Drivers make financial forecasting more accurate?
We will also go over key steps in creating a Driver Based forecast such as:
- Identifying key metrics that drive Revenue and Costs
- Creating metrics to plan for overhead (IT, Finance, HR, etc.)
- Applying rates and caps to more accurately predict headcount related expenses
- Implementing brackets to determine which rates to apply to certain measures
- Standardizing the forecast process