The rumors have been circulating for years, but Oracle recently confirmed that Hyperion Enterprise, one of the most popular financial consolidation and reporting applications ever released, has been placed on controlled availability. Hyperion Enterprise Release 18.104.22.168 is the “terminal release”, which means that there will be no additional versions or patches going forward. Premier Support for Enterprise will end in April 2013; Oracle will continue to provide Sustaining Support indefinitely.
On February 24, Finit Solutions will address this news and provide recommendations and guidance for companies currently on Enterprise. While this is a major announcement, there is no need to panic. Finit will provide relevant information to help you understand your options (one of which is to stay on Enterprise beyond April 2013). A fact-based, carefully considered approach is a great way to minimize risk and ensure that you make the right decisions for your company. Some of the topics discussed will include:
- What does ‘controlled availability’ mean?
- What is the difference between Premier and Sustaining Support?
- What are the risks associated with Sustaining Support?
- In addition to Sustaining Support, are there any ‘supplemental’ support options available?
- Should we upgrade to 22.214.171.124?
The webinar will also focus on developing a plan within your organization for moving forward in light of this news. Considerations will include:
- Sharing this information within your organization and discussing internal policies regarding product support.
- Understanding dependencies on third party products and their impact on your Enterprise environment now and in the future.
- Assessing the current functionality and usage of your Enterprise applications to determine requirements for moving onto a different product.
- Balancing controlled availability, requirements, and budget to determine the timeline for moving off Enterprise that makes the most sense for your organization.