As powerful as HFM and Hyperion Enterprise are for financial consolidations, reporting and analysis, clients who use these solutions are well aware that there are additional steps that take place outside the systems to complete the close process. These can include manual steps that lead up to the consolidation itself as well as tasks that follow the consolidation to prepare for external filings. On April 7, 2010 Oracle Hyperion announced the release of Financial Close Management and Disclosure Management, which are tools designed to pull this entire process together and to provide end users with a more streamlined and transparent experience.
In this session of the Finit Solutions Series we will review the functionality of these two solutions to help you understand the challenges that they address and the benefits that they provide.
Specifically we will discuss:
- An overview of the financial close process, from ledger to filing
- The associated challenges within the close process
- Features of Financial Close Management
- Process Monitoring
- Financial Close Calendar
- Task Management
- Account Reconciliations
- An overview of the disclosure process, from document creation to filing
- The associated challenges within the disclosure process
- Features of Disclosure Management
- Document Life-Cycle Management
- Process Management
- XBRL Reporting