Whether you previously used Hyperion Enterprise or managed a classic HFM application, moving to EPMA provides many benefits (but also has unique tricks you should know about!). In this webinar, we will review many of the enhancements that EPMA can bring to metadata management, such as:
- Shared metadata among different products or HFM applications within the same environment
- Comparisons of changes between what is loaded and what you are about to load
- Renaming a base member without losing previously-loaded data
- Enhanced features to identify and exclude orphan members
- Audit trails of metadata changes (“Who changed THAT attribute?” “Um, YOU did!”)
- Some do not always see this as a good thing, but your auditors like it….
Of course, there are also a few areas we’ll cover to help you understand some limitations with EPMA and some possible workarounds to certain issues, including:
- Needing to be online to work within the web-based tool
- Must view validation error notifications one at a time on web compared to in a single text file
- Some additional complexity due to more features being available to use
- Managing metadata with EPMA is what is being taught in Oracle’s HFM Administration training classes, and we hope that after attending this webinar, you will also discover some benefits to using EPMA with your current or future applications.